Skip to main content

Tiff


There are times, which happens in everyone's life, when we do something good, it doesn't come out as expected.

I am sharing something that happened to me recently.

It was a hectic day after travel from work to home. I reached home and just noticed my elder daughter showed me her periodic assessment answer sheets.  I already knew she might have scored less marks for Maths. So I thought to explain the mistakes which she committed in all her papers.  

As usual, my daughter started telling her excuses to escape from studying. She was in a sleepy mood. I pointed out all her mistakes and explaining how it has to be done. At one point she got pissed off and started crying that she don't want to do the sums again.  Even I got angry when I learned, she has been making mistakes in her basic subtraction.  She started crying in a way as if I was beating her. Then her excuse was like 'I am sleepy will do it tomorrow'. I told her to finish it and go to sleep. Again she started crying terribly.

I terribly got upset thinking why is she crying when I have not done anything.  She was very stubborn that she won't do and continued crying. I told her to go and sleep and hereafter I wont make you study. (My daughter likes me a lot, whenever I tell her I wont talk or I wont do anything for her, she gets more upset and starts clinging to me).  Same way when she heard that, she was crying more.  

Hearing her cry my in laws started thinking I was being cruel to her.

Next in line, my husband came from office. My husband's face was angry and asked me what happened. (First daughter is always my husband's pet, seeing her crying might be....) I told she doesn't want to study.  He sat on the bed and was going through her answer sheets.  

By that time my daughter was lying on the bed crying...

When I was about to tell what happened, my husband was like 'TALK SOFTLY, WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?'

I was like 'OK HEREAFTER I AM NOT TALKING ANYTHING, PLS TAKE CARE OF HER STUDIES AND I AM NOT GOING TO MAKE HER STUDY TOO'. Coz the tone I spoke with my husband was the normal tone as I always talk.

AND I STOPPED TALKING TO MY HUSBAND. 

In Malayalam we say 'Soundarya Pinakkam' (tiff in English).




Comments